performed by Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett is among my favorite songs. I had a difficult time learning to play this song, but loved it so much that I named my daughter Laura. She has been a god-sent to use, especially lately as both Carol and I have undergone so many health problems which have been extremely painful. I am so very proud of her and her abilities to overcome the handicaps she suffers from a motorcycle accident that nearly took her life and left her with a paralyzed left arm. She's a wonderful daughter and mother to our grandson.

It has rained here for 5 straight days and nights, there's not much to watch on TV, so I spent that time at the PSR-S950 creating some backing tracks. I'm not very good at this, but after a lot of tweaking and tuning, I manage to make them sound OK at best, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Here's a recording that I did of Laura using the PSR-S950's onboard recorder, and backing tracks that took me a couple long days and nights to fine tune that were created on the S-950 using the Cool Swing style, slowed down quite a bit, my own nylon guitar voice for the fills and the silver trumpet for the instrumental segment with some strings thrown in for good measure. The chords I used are the Tony Bennett rendition, with very few passing chords because I'm just too lazy to play them. It probably would have sounded better with a bunch of passing chords, though the ladies still loved it when I sang and recorded it on the job a couple years ago.

Click here to play Laura

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (05/15/19 02:45 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)