I was in a band for a loooooooooooong time, atleast for me it was a long time, roughly 4 years.
However ever since mid 2018 i was starting to feel less and less obliged to play with the band, we weren't going anywhere, yes, we had just recorded an EP but the mixes got lost in the mail and we couldn't do anything with that...

We have a saxplayer in the band (woman) who can play some great sax but she can't count to save her life so the timing is off, like on everything.. And she sang backingvocals as well but... She couldn't sing..

After i went to a jamsession last Sunday things finally clicked for me and i decided to leave the band completely.

All the people in the band were super friendly, good musicians (apart from the saxwoman) and we clicked musically, but we never went anywhere, hardly performed, rehearsed our asses off without actually sounding better..

So i sent them a WhatsApp message explaining the situation and that i wish that we'd all stay close as a group of friends but that i don't feel that we're going anywhere with the band and that that frustrates me and that i'm quitting*

They understood it and want to do a beer somtime to end it on a good note

*We had already discussed stuff like this multiple times including once where the saxplayer started shouting at me and crying..

Anyone else ever quit a band or had been fired? And how did you respond to that?