Thanks Tony:

As you probably know, I am a song-writer first, a singer of sorts secondly and a miserable musician. My objective with my catalog of songs (Many with ASCAP) has been to lure better singers with starpower of followings who might do "covers" of my work to "plug me into the income stream." Problem is, today, most big name performers write their own, roll their own and even have their own publishing entities... thus, cutting out the middle man.

The good news: There is always hope and I enjoy what I do. I would rate the quality of my body of work as 40% needing significant work, 60% worth combing through (I do multi-genre songs, blues, pop, folk, latin-pop, ballads, rock and country.)

Of that 60% possibly 15% is "A" side material and the rest "B" side. Songwriters are the worst possible judges of their own work.

You are 100% correct... I think Mason could "tear this song up" but there are others here who could do it justice. Unfortunately, most of you are not recording artists... even though you could be. You are real performers out there in those more personal venues doing live arranger gigs.

As I age, I realize it is probably a larger goal to find a way for my music to survive long after I'm gone. My legacy to the culture I grew up in and was exposed to as I travelled the world.

Thanks for listening and commenting. ----Dave