Hi Ian
Good to see you posting, old friend. I remember when I first got my s970, you were kind enough to send me a bunch of great styles. As for Yamaha psr's being the underdog, I kind of let my s970 slide the the end of the line compared to my Pa4x and Audya 76. All of this talk about the Genos styles for the little brothers got my attention, so I downloaded them. I have to say that they are marvelous, knowing the Genos itself would sound even better. This, however, reminded me of the old days when I thought my sounds were great, but, alas, not compared to today. Well, since I don't have a Genos to compare, I am having a ball using these styles for my core songs with great results.

As for Yamaha, my wife prefers the Yamaha for it's pretty styles and leads. She has a point in that, for many occasions, the audience doesn't necessarily have to have driving drums and bass to appreciate what you are playing; much to the contrary. With light weight, built in speakers, and new styles. I have taken my s970 out from the bottom of the toy box.