Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
using style play as a crutch as most do ...

Using an instrument as it was intended is hardly a "crutch"
I agree that modern arrangers offer more than just style play as advantages, but at the core of the instrument - it's built to play styles. Useing them does not show weakness, as a crutch would imply.

If that were true Dave as many of us use styles, smf, etc, also,...these features wouldn't be included in an ARKB that you also Pay for on an arranger kb no need to be "STYLE DEFENSIVE"...
let's just face it call it what it really is style mode is just an operator or player, etc, controlling a auto repetitive small midi file of sorts no way around that no matter how you look at it,...nothing wrong with that, but if that's all you can use due to lack of ability and can't play any other way using an arranger that has so many other features or for example using charts, memorizing lyrics, or the sequencer multitracking songs, etc, or what have you all these thing are crutches and without them you would
"fall on the floor so to speak"....that said I enjoy playing using all methods for what they are I hope everyone will also....
take care I'll duck now.........
coffee

PS..Oh yea remember this?.. years ago before styles we played keyboards with bands for so many years not a style in sight or invented yet pre arranger
and STILL made great music every nite!!!

ok back to watching the "GREATEST SHOWMAN" on HBO...just sayin' wink

Edited by Dnj (09/09/18 11:01 AM)