The good news is that I'm still alive and kicking, just not kicking very high these days. The docs tell me that the new medications are doing a great job, though the cost is insanely high. As most everyone knows, I have been planning a trip south to the Florida Keys and Dry Tortugas for several months, where I hoped to spend the winter. All was good until today.

Now the bad news. Today, my loving wife of more than a half century, nearly fell to the kitchen floor. This is something I have feared for years, knowing that if this were to happen while I was gone, she could end up dying. Her health problems are numerous, and the most recent occurred this evening while cooking supper. Her feet and legs suddenly went numb and if I were not there to help her to a chair, she would have fallen and incurred severe injuries.

Because of this, I decided, reluctantly, that I would opt to spend the winter here in Maryland and store the boat on dry land for the winter. I have my own health issues as well and she is afraid that something catastrophic may happen while I'm sailing and she will not be there to hold my hand if and when I pass away.

So, I guess you folks will have to put up with me for the upcoming winter months, though I just might load up the car and head south to visit Don Mason and Eddie Shoemaker. The car still has a few miles left in it. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)