Mike & Chuck,
I can understand where everyone who has posted on this and the related past post is coming from. I believe that all have made relevant points to consider, however, Mike, you were quite negative and critical to the point of raising some "hackles" of some of the readers. I guess this is both good and bad, and it does stir some to comment on the subject.

I purchased my KN7000 last fall mostly for only a couple of reasons. I was very happy with my KN2000, as was my audiences. I always use an external sound system so the improved speaker system was of secondary importance. What was important was the SD Card because of the nuisance and slow operation of the floppy drive, especially during a live gig. This was my driving reason.

Secondly, I had learned how to copy sequencer/midi files to the Kn2000 composer in order to generate new styles (something that Technics said absolutely could not be done!), but the process was very tedious and complicated. With the 7000 it is a piece of cake.
Of course, the fact that all of the newer styles, files, ETC. would not work on the KN2000 (planned obsolescence?, or not practical to provide backwards compatibility?) was another factor.
Anyway, I'm glad that I did upgrade because I have since discovered many more features that I now wonder how I ever did without.
Just my thoughts.
Regards,
Walt