. . . they just fade from popularity as the new gizmos take over. The situation with keyboards was much simpler in the "old days" when there was a bigger gap between models. this is called the price of progress. Nowadays, you hardly have time to unpack your latest purchase when a new one is released! I am sure that the successor to the 7000 is already on the way. Where does this leave the poor "user"? I'll tell you where - you are left with a perfectly serviceable instrument which is losing its value by the minute. How many people have traded their tried and trusted machine for the latest one hoping that it will improve their playing, only to be disappointed and wish they had kept their old one?
Now to qualify my previous remarks about Techplus Magazine. I can see that they have a problem. Technics bring out keyboards almost yearly and the magazine has to keep up with the new developments. However, where does this leave owners of the KN 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 1200, 1500, 1600, etc? They feel left out in the cold as their instruments fade from popularity. If the magazine had just one page for each of the keyboards mentioned then much of it would be of little interest to owners of the latest ones. And that is just keyboards - what about organ owners who get short shrift compared with keyboard owners? One answer is to have a Group which is "one instrument specific", but this is only possible on the Internet. Those of you who are reading this obviously have a computer connection, but what of those without one? Discuss!! ;>)