Originally Posted By MusiMa
Hi Chris,

The app is called Midi Designer Pro 2, a very comprehensive app that can realize very complex Midi controllers. Unfortunately, Ketron did not release so many Sysex data for the SD 40. That's why I had to trick.

From the beginning: behind each button on the iPad are two more and a knob hidden. This is needed to send the two Sysex data mentioned above, because tabs always send two, one on press and one on release. However, only those functions can be addressed that really have buttons on the SD 40. Ketron has also released only Sysex data for the Micro. For all the other functions like Intro / End or Voicetron I use the footswitch. I've created a set of footswitch in the Ketron with the values ​​I want to control with iPad. The footswitch allows many functions. With Sysex, every footswitch button can be addressed. The footswitch does not even have to be connected.
Incidentally, the app can read out the Sysex values. For the wireless transmission I use from Yamaha the midi adapter MD BT01. The app recognizes the adapter easily and connects.

I hope this helps. If necessary, I would like to show in a new topic how this is realized with Midi Designer.

Regards
Matthias
Yes, it would be great if you would start a new thread on this. I, too, have MIDI Designer 2. I suspect that you plug in both MIDI Din In and MIDI Din Out of the MD BT01 into the SD40 as the Din Out powers the Din In. Is that correct? I use the mi.1 by Quicco Sound.

Thanks for sharing. Oh, btw, the IOS solution is good when playing a keyboard, but I also use a MIDI accordion as a controller, which means most of the time both hands are "tied," and I need a foot controller solution. I suppose that you can connect a foot controller to trigger the sysEx in MIDI Designer 2.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32