You've heard the expression "hindsight is 20/20 vision", right? Well, I too moved from playing an organ into keyboards and my first Technics was a KN1500 my wife bought me for a surprise. Had I known at the time that the KN3000 was available, I would have sent her back for an upgrade. The KN1500 did more than any other keyboard I had seen or heard, and I was very happy with it, but I just didn't know about the KN3K and how much more it could do. The KN2400/2600 is a mid-model for the reason it's made for people who don't want or need to go into depth with their composing or sequencing. The more you want to do, the more tools you need to do it with. That simple. You get what you pay for. If you have a dealer that is also a user and teacher, then they can honestly show you the difference your money buys. When you consider price over the long run, you'll regret not going for the more expensive model. At least, that's how I felt. (This is one person's opinion, and does not reflect on that person's mental stability or sanity when keyboards are concerned.}

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 11-24-2003).]