Hi John,
I've given keyboards up, except for an inexpensive DGX piano arranger keyboard I bought for portability when travelling. No more kn's , then no more keyboards. (So far I've stuck to it haahaa.)

Actually my CLP170 ( Clavinova) is a top end Yamaha Digital Piano with xg sounds. I midi it to my laptop. To enable me to play styles in realtime ( ie playing live), I'm using
One Man Band software ( OMB) which uses PSR styles. I use the piano to trigger the chords & melody, the software & laptop acts as arranger, The sounds all come from my piano. Basically , I've got a psr of sorts. Most of the style editing functions that I loved in my kn's are pretty much available within OMB software. It creates psr styles from midifiles, it has a basic sequencer , I can create backing arrangements in steptime
( similar to what Band in a Box program does except with Yamaha styles).
I've also recently bought a program called "Busker" where I put in a single melody line score via drag n drop, put in chords, type in the lyrics, load in a psr style , choose which intro's , fills variations etc I want to use and it plays it back. Lyrics, melody line and chords scroll through on the one page. I just mute the melody line & play along. So for $70 ( excluding a keyboard & laptop) I've got a setup that's keeping me pretty busy and content, except I miss the chit chat on this forum.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Rikki, what keyboard are you using? I see a clp 170 in your discription, I don't know that one.

John C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022