Originally Posted By Dnj

124 has me thinking about harmonizer usage these last few weeks. What is the man in this video doing at marker 12:40 with the female voice. I'm guessing he had a lady sing the line and recorded it as a wave file or as a sampled sound that he triggers with a pad? I'm not even sure what I'm saying here as I'm not that much into present day technology....it's like a full time job keeping up with it all.

But 124 got me thinking more and more about what you can do with a harmonizer and a sampler, and some creative ideas.

To my credit, I've been thinking for years about how to sing a duet (man and woman) by myself. My favorite duet being "only Make Believe" from Showboat (as it is starting at around 03:25).

My primitive thinking was to have a lady sing to a rhythm machine (many feet away) set at a certain speed and have the recorder set up so only her voice is recorded. Then set it up as a sample that is triggered by me while I'm playing at that same speed. This way I could sing along with her.

Hence I'm wondering what HE is doing in this video?

Thanks