Gary ... The young audiences I know through my four 17 to 20 year old grandchildren are listening to performers like Ed Sheeran, Camila Cabello, Drake, Ariana Grande, etc.,etc.,etc. and these performers are selling out arenas all over the world ... and yes, a lot of them are using all kinds of technology to create their music ... When I'm around my grandkids I can barely make out some of the artist's lyrics, but they can sing every one of them - just like we did in the 50's and 60's with Elvis, Chuck, The Platters, etc. ...
Today's music is not any more about US than our music was for our parents ...
Fortunately, I have seen enough of our grandkid's high school music programs to realize that while there is a lot of music being produced electronically, there are still a LOT of kids learning all kinds of musical instruments, and playing all kinds of music including Jazz and Classical in the high schools ...
However, while I have seen many keyboards being played in these musical productions, I have never seen an arranger ... even the arranger I gave to one of my grandsons is used only as a piano, except when I am playing it ...
So while arrangers may out last a lot of us ( and unfortunately that's not saying much wink ), I think that, at least in the US, they will be played mostly by 'older' people ...