I have been using BiaB for 4 years now to make backing tracks for videos and recordings in my home studio. One of the best parts about BiaB, imo, is the ability to import the tracks you create into any DAW for further manipulation/processing or for adding vocals or other instruments and for mixing. You can import each instrument to its own track in your DAW by simply dragging the appropriate track into your DAW package.

I also use BiaB as a practice tool for my saxophone and with my piano. The ability to easily make a backing track to any progression and then play it back at any speed is quite useful. I know you can also easily do this with an arranger, but BiaB lets me input progressions that I couldn't easily play on an arranger (keyboards aren't really my forte). blush

The user forum is also quite friendly and extremely helpful.

BiaB does A LOT of things, and because of this, the interface can be a bit busy and confusing. It also has a few quirks, but on the whole I find it quite useful for what I do, and I am a fan, to be sure. bow

I did the backing track for this vid with BiaB. I recorded the saxophone directly into BiaB using its audio record feature. I then synced the resulting track to the video using Windows Movie Maker. Because I was particularly lazy that day, I even used Biab's Auto Song Title Generation feature to give my video a title. wink

The best time to buy BiaB is in December when PGMusic offers it at a significant discount - something on the order of 30 or 40 percent off.

Dan

Edited by big741.1 (03/01/18 06:40 PM)