Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Nigel
I think it is crazy that any brands separate workstations from arrangers. Supporting styles is simply an addition of a little more ROM space. There is no reason Yamaha couldn't introduce a Montage that is also an arranger. Then they could sell it to all markets. The first manufacturer that does that will win for sure.

Yamaha has all the tools to make the perfect instrument.

Yet as long as their are seperate development teams for the seperate instrument types, such will never happen.

From my point of view... the Korg PA4x is allready a powerfull workstation and a top knotch arranger. Much more workstation then the Genos (or the Montage) So if a company will break with this tradition it will be Korg. Altough i wonder if Korg Italy realises this..

from a workstation point of view, i would say that something like the ketron launchpads would be welcomed much much more then the traditional arranger. From an arranger point of view, we are ready to accept all the high end workstation features.

Most arranger players steer clear of Workstations like the plague, and can’t see the point of them, let alone have the features added to arrangers, (Didn’t you get thrown off the PSR Forum for suggesting this very thing) and it will take a long time to change this. (Yamaha has started with the Genos in a way that most arranger players haven’t noticed, but you’re talking at least 2 generations before they will be able to complete the transition to an all in one)
Bill