An update:

The track was for a history video to be played at a client booth at the Orlando National Home Builders Show. We had two monitors.

The show was to load in on Monday, the 8th, and run the 9th thru the 11th. At 4:PM on Friday, I got the news that, because of weather issues, I would have to pay next day air rates for a palate of paper (brochures, pocket folders, entry blanks, signs...all the little pieces that make things work), and delivery could not be guaranteed.

I was fighting off the flu big-time, but I got in a rental car , loaded up, and headed South. Stopped South of Macon after 11 hours of driving for a rest, continued at 8:00 in the AM and got to the convention Center at noon.

Placed the media, displayed the collateral material and headed back to Kentucky about 5:00 PM. After driving 5 hours, I stopped for a sandwich, continud for an hour, and stopped for the night. An hour later, I was leaning on the toilet with terrible problems...vomited so hard that I broke a rib. Somehow made it thru the night and got back on the road at 8:00 AM. Had a 10 hour drive in front of me. At noon, I'd had it. I stopped at a little town in Tennessee for what I thought was a 5 hour rest. Woke up at about 9:00 AM the next morning, sore as hell.
Made it to Lexington about 3:00 PM.

GOOD NEWS is, all participants, including top management of the Italian firm the work was for loved the collateral matetrial, Concept (we gave away a Vespa motor scooter to emphasize Italian quality) the two video's and want to arrange to use the music track for international productions.

In my business, that's a HOME RUN! It solidifies an expanded relationship with a long-standing, prestigious client, makes my contact look good and puts some really strong dollars (now and in the future) in my pocket.

This is why muic is so important to me. It was an integral part of the films and set the scene, mood-wise for the entire trade show and the company image for the future.

And that makes me feel GOOOOOOD! Here's a good example of great opportunities involving music if you look and work hard enough.

Russ