This morning my wife(my once in a while) musical partner and I were visiting about music over coffee.

We talked about starting our duo up again when she goes part time at work and IF my leg heals up enough to haul equipment...right now I’m at recommended 10 - 20lbs.

My wife is a dabbler on instruments playing a little bit of everything. Her voice is her strong suit. She mentioned that she wanted to do more than sing...and even though she sight reads a bit of piano, I was the one who really took to arrangers(though I encouraged her to learn)and arrangers work the best for us.

That said, my wife can spend hours on crafts, bible studies and cooking.

That brings me to the subject of the thread.

I love playing arrangers even though my skills are limited. Along with my wife, I have asked other musical friends to play with me. But as one friend said, “You don’t need my guitar, that keyboard does it all.”

So more and more, I find myself just playing solo....either for my own enjoyment or, as I have done in the past, playing solo gigs. It would be great to play with others, but my arranger doesn’t seem to encourage that.

One interesting point...I have two musical friends, both of whom could play circles around me on arrangers if they would learn. However, both have said they don’t like to play solo, so one stays with piano and the other switched to guitar(separate musicians...separate groups) so they could play with others.

So it looks like I’ll stay and play solo.

Thoughts?

Edited by guitpic1 (01/06/18 08:09 AM)