So I've been in the Lowcountry of Bluffton / Hilton Head SC for close to 3 years now. Left NJ right after Sandy and so far here have endured two Hurricane scares ( we didn't get hit too bad, the buildup was worse than the storms ) and now I'm sitting at my desk watching a major ice/snow storm. Supposed to get about 3 inches but its on top of a sheet of ice which has covered everything. Schools, most businesses, Savannah Airport, and most roadway bridges closed. Unbelievable ! First real snow here since 1989 and I think over a hundred years beofre that.
Look out Northeast here it comes. You guys should get slammed by Thursday.
I don't mind. I have an upstairs loft room all to myself and have my keyboards, model RR, music and TV up here to keep me occupied.
Did have some fun yesterday. Walked into the ACE Hardware store nearby to get a small item and as usual two steps in an employee comes running up "can I help you find something " ( they're nice but it gets annoying as most times I know where to find stuff ) So with a few customers standing closeby I said " Where's the snowshovels ?" First silence then it got a good laugh.
But for the oldtime locals here refer to my title. They're not used to this stuff like us Yankees.