Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Henni
Ha Bernie!
I have now created/converted/modified close to one hundred thousand styles for the Audya.
Henni

Henni why would someone need so many styles in the first place?

Loathe to enter this discussion but Donny certainly has a point here. I have always been absolutely astonished by the insatiable desire for ever more styles. A few hundred really good styles should leave any capable keyboard player and tweaker with enough as it is. ( I am not including the songstyles, to which in particular Yamaha players seem to be fond of)....Incidentally the same applies to sounds imho.....

As for the overall discussion on the merits of Ketron, I would say to Deane and Bernie " count your blessings " the overall Ketron service is appalling and apparently they do not lend a very close ear to their customers. Furthermore I think that relatively speaking there are very very few Ketron players in the USA. Do not get me wrong, I owned several ( older)KEtrons and in many ways they were ahead of the competition ( drums !!!)
but with the current quality of the totl Korgs and Yamahas you might want to think not twice but even thrice before investing a lot of dough in an SD9 or whatever they come up with.......

regards
John