Very confusing.

1. Audya means audio = new technology using audio with midi
2. SD series were NEVER audio oriented.
3. Audya will not be replaced by anything.
4. SD series now becomes the audio/midi flagship, but is not a replacement for the Audya?

Sorry, I cannot see this other than a mere excuse for the SD9 not compatible with what whatever comes from the Audya. It is an easy thing to update the onboard SD9 converter to simply point the relevant Audya audio parts to the relevant new audio memory (albeit an updated version of the original) allocations on the SD9. (Surely Ketron did not completely throw away their original audio parts investment - they merely updated the original with more modern versions so no REAL need to port the original older stuff over to the SD9)

The SD9 sounds incredible - but to say it does not replace the Audya makes no sense. It is the same as Yamaha killing the Tyros series altogether by making the Genos not compatible with whatever comes from the previous models.

I have always been a staunch campfighter for Ketron - everyone here knows that. I am not on a sudden Ketron bashing spree. But please don't feed me things that makes no sense to explain away a serious manufacturer problem.

Gigging musicians like to use their hard work on the next new model - this is a standard thing that should be catered for and not merely be explained away!!!

Please enlighten me then:

1. The best available universal software that converts styles between arrangers are not even at the Audya level yet - they currently sit at SD5/Midjay Plus level max as is.

2. How do you expect to get non direct Ketron styles onboard the SD9 so that you can start adding the fantastic onboard stuff to it?

3. The ONLY way current is to 1st convert it to *.PAT format and then do a onboard SD9 to *.KST conversion that does not appear to be working at this stage.

4. Once this works as it should, now you can use the various outstanding style modelling features onboard the SD9 to update these into SUPER styles that could be shared amongst the other SD9 users.

5. Why should you be limited to use only what is available direct from Ketron for this?