My point is that it was stated that the SD9 could convert and play all Audya styles. My point is that the SD9 can not even convert midi only *.PAT styles, even if not created direct on the Audya.

Never once did I say that the SD9 was not reliable. It is just not suitable for those who want to use older none AJAMSONIC and non Ketron 3rd party styles with their new SD9.

Those two firms ought not be the ONLY providers of 3rd party styles. Ketron should go learn by Yamaha on this.

And I STRESS again that "THIS OUGHT NOT BE SO!!!" Any arranger should be backwards compatible - PERIOD!

Can you imagine the scene if the new Genos would not play Tyros styles? Shame on Ketron!!! If something plays on the Audya, it should also play on the SD9, especially if the onboard Audya audio drums are not used.

Deane, I find it laughable that you pretend that this is not an issue, especially since you used all your Tyros created gig stuff to play on your new Genos at your regular gigs. Yet you shun Ketron users from wanting/expecting to do same...

By the way: Do you know of any style conversion software that will convert other brands to *.KST format? So how do you suggest to get there for those who purchased the new SD9??? Unless it comes DIRECT from Ketron or AJAMSONIC, it CANNOT be had for the SD9!!! Sheeeeezzzz man...