Originally Posted By J. Larry
I’ve been using BIAB live for several years, now, with guitar and vocals. Often, I have a woodwind player and other vocalists join in, as well. I also use arrangers on other gigs. The BIAB program is much less expensive than an arranger, even though you must purchase a computer (laptop in my case). It offers so many styles, it’s hard to keep up with them. If a person knows chord changes, you can create a full arrangement in a matter of minutes. I like being able to change keys and the number of choruses on the spot to accommodate other musicians. The real styles (real audio files) sound authentic through a good sound system. With a little effort, you can create hundreds of songs ready to go at the push of a button. I’ve got my folders of tunes organized by country, jazz, pop, rock, standards, Broadway/show, holiday songs, waltzes, tangos------you name it. I’m not giving up arrangers; however, BIAB is a great tool for song writing, practice, and live performance.

i think if someone goes for a full software setup, having different tools like BiAB, Varranger, Reason, VST's, Logic, mainstage and Bitwig all readily available in your macbook really makes sense..

However, for everything that requires realtime interaction, like using an arranger or selecting real time scenes in bitwig, a dedicated user interface is required.

But using BiAB, as a backing-sequencer should work straight forward, just press play and go...

Another thing that comes to mind, is the huge difference between BiaB for PC and BiAB for MAc. I guess for BiAB its better to have a PC then a MAC...*same goes for Varranger, the reason i don't owwn Varranger is the fact that it only runs on PC and not on MAC.

http://keyszone.boards.net