Actually, there were no native, North American tribes - they were migrants who crossed the land bridge that is now submerged beneath the Bearing Straits. Much of their DNA, according to all the history books I have read, is Northern Chinese and Mongolian.

And, from what I recall, Spanish explorers brought the first African slaves to the US in 1526, which had nothing to do with tobacco crops or any other crop at the time. It wasn't until 1841 when Massachusetts legalized slavery, and they were the first colony to do so - not Virginia.

My Thanksgiving Day was wonderful, my adult children arrived on time, my daughter and her roommate did all the cooking, but before dinner, we had a variety of Sushi, my son brought several bottles of great tasting wine, we sat on the deck and watched the wildlife pass by, which this time of year, consisted of American eagles, whitetail deer, wile turkeys, a pair of red foxes, and the usual assortment of small birds and squirrels.

Today, I drove up US Route 1 to the marina to finish winterizing the boat. The weather is mild, temperature in the upper 50s, but the traffic was a nightmare. I guess a lot of families are either shopping the extended Black Friday shopping days, or just heading home and trying to get a jump on the normal Sunday traffic jams after a weekend holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)