Thanks guys...In some ways we’ve become a little spoiled. I know Ihave. I’ve had so many keyboards throughout my career, that I’ve become caught up in the search for perfection.

I thought live drums were going to be Yamaha’s next big thing, but as Fran pointed out, they sounded a little dull in need of eq. The fact that Yamaha dropped the live drums from Genos, shows they didn’t believe it was the future either.

I got some great advice from someone that everyone respects on this forum. It got me thinking about what’s important. Some of the feedback I’ve received seems to support that as well. I’m a singer first and foremost. The keyboard provides me the backup band I no longer have.

For my needs, Yamaha and Roland provide the best selection of styles I like. If Roland had continued to develop a more feature rich board...I may have stayed with them (I stopped after the bk5). I love aspects of the Korg as well...but from the advice I received, if you can’t swing the 4X, I might be disappointed.

So the bottom line is...I can’t afford the Pa4x or the Genos, so I’m probably stuck with the 970 for a while. I don’t mean to sound smug either...the 970 is a good board, I just wish it was easier to edit and mix with.

Thanks guys for listening to my long winded...pain pill induced rant.

You all are a special group. Luv you all! (The pills kickin’ In)

Edited by jingleman (11/11/17 06:02 AM)