Gary - Im not talking about semi weighted - im talking about something that has more depth and better spring... which is basically a keybed from any of the low to mid range korgs or rolands..

The Tyros / Motif / GENOS / MONTAGE keyboards ALL use the FSX keybed (excluding the 88 note hammer action models)- it is barely "semi weighted" or whatever you want to label it - but its quality... and then you have the keybed from the MO XF range (mid range synth) - which is similar to the FSX but slightly not as good (no after touch and slightly not as good quality in the feel) - but still way better than the PSR keys. Anyone who has played on these boards can vouch for me...

any of the above keybeds are NOT heavy or hard on anyone's fingers any more than the PSR S970 keybed - it just feels way better, is more expressive and more playable. AND you can actually press the black keys with more ease and press the white keys down from the back towards the plastic casing of the keyboard.

The PSR keys are spongy shallow and lack expression. cheap $500.00 casios have a better feel all you need to do is walk into a music shop and you will see for yourself.

I would love to see what would happen if Yamaha offered the PSR S970 or whatever PSR you wanted and for the same price you had the option to choose one that comes with the FSX Keybed instead of the standard keybed currently included with the PSR - I would be highly surprised you would take the non FSX option.

If not then you would be an EXTREME rare case...