Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I am not taking anything away from Dave, but it looked like he might have had an iPAD or tablet in front of him ? ... not that he looked at it very often ...
Very entertaining Dave, ... relaxed, easy going, no stress or strain ... well done ...
Even though we might have charts or a tablet in front of us, that does not mean we can't spontaneously 'take off' on a medley of songs that we know by heart ... and I personally don't think using charts - paper or tablet - diminishes our ability to satisfy our audiences ...
Plus, performing without charts is easier when one is using backing tracks or midi files, and not just the KB styles ...
just sayin' wink

Tony, though I hate to disagree, I will on this one.
All the best,
Gary cool

Gary ... I did not mean for anything I said to take away from Dave's performance ... I have been an admirer of his talents since I first heard his work on this board ...

I am having a hard time trying to figure out on what issue you are disagreeing with me. Is it that I said some of us can use a tablet or charts and still fully entertain our audiences? ... or that we could spontaneously 'take off' and do a medley of songs from memory? ... confused1

Donny said Dave didn't need charts, and he probably doesn't, but I just commented that it looked like Dave had a tablet of some kind in front of him ... I also said it looked like he DID NOT look at it very often ...
I would have to think that Dave was using a backing file of some kind for "Spooky", otherwise where did the sax solo come from? ... he may have been using the Chord Sequencer for the end of the song when he was taking a right hand solo, but I have no idea about that...

And maybe I was born in Missouri, and I'm not saying it CAN'T be done, but for someone to be able play any of 600 - 800 songs from memory and have all the lyrics correct, and only miss one or two chord changes, WOW, that would be as impressive as hell ... wink

rocker