Just ordered a Cannon 6D...$1399.00...body only. That's the bottom end of the pro models with the full sized sensor, and about 1/4 what I paid for Nikon F-2's and similar equipment 20 years ago.

The 6D is an excellent 2nd video unit also. The little Cannon video camera I mentioned in the post on doing personal music video is good enough to be the primary for high end You-tube industrial productions. The last Cannon video camera I bought, the ones you used to see with a white angled lens used for football, was about $6,000. And that was really a camera which required media conversion on an Avid editing suite...about $90,000.00.

The bad news is, this equipment becomes obsolete almost annually.

Good news: If you know what you're doing you can make as much or more with cameras than you can with piano's. The secret is not all talent; it's the kind of client and the size of the budget.

My average 15 minute film bills out at just under $20,000, without animation. That includes about $5,000 for the score. More complicated films (read: lots of edits/changes and animation and more complicated scores) can run in the 6 figures easily.

What a GREAT time to be in the communications field.

R.

Edited by captain Russ (10/20/17 04:00 PM)