How much would you be willing to pay for an arranger of your dreams? One that surpassed everything out there?

I get the impression at times that the TOTL arrangers are not really that...TOTL. That TOTL arrangers are the best you can get for the price many are willing to pay.

Case in point. Cameras.

After I retired from 3M, I used to shoot both still and video for area magazines and newspapers. I shot a higher end Canon camera and video camera.

Back then the body alone of this still camera, 12 years ago, sold for about $1,500(video camera more $5,000) and did a great job...kept me in local business.

But the pros? The ones who shot stills for the NFL, National Geographic, and the major networks? They bought the Canon 1D body $6,000 at the time. The price to get into the majors meant a camera body that cost four times what I paid for my camera...at the time....not to mention a higher end video camera.

Total price of admission to get into the majors, 12 years ago or so ? $20,000 or more.

I have yet to pay as much for a Tyros or PA4X as I did for my camera equipment 12 years ago...but it was still a good investment, my business paid for it.

That said, what would you pay for the best of the best arranger?

Edited by guitpic1 (10/20/17 10:40 AM)