We all did, Dave. It was a heavily stereo massaged sound that Yamaha produced, and in stereo it sounded fantastic. However, those of us that used the Bose PAS system, you and I, in particular, tried everything to make it sound as good in mono as it did in stereo. Unfortunately, the only thing that worked was to create a new voice/sound based upon Yamaha's original, mono, grand piano sound, which was very good to begin with, but needed a bit of help with the newer styles. Fortunately, this was very doable using the keyboard's onboard voice creator program, which is still available on most of the new keyboard, but under a different name. It was very easy to use, quite user friendly, and many of the PSR-Tutorial members produced some fantastic voices, especially Eileen, who resides and still performs in the UK.

Yamaha voices/sounds are very complex to make from scratch, just as their styles are. My friend Michael Bedesem has stated this many times, and he is a computer genius when it comes to the complexity of Yamaha software.

Here is a link to some of the mono piano voices I created, plus a neat guitar and velvet sounding sax. One of my deceased friends, an award winning sax player, and prior synthzone member once said "If I could get my tenor sax to sound that good, I would have been playing every night of the week." He was referring to the sax sound I created for the PSR-3000.

Yamaha voices.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)