Great write up by Bad Mister, I have a lot of respect for him.

My thoughts on the Genos is that it pretty much is what all the Tyros 3 and onwards should have been...

BUT I still fail to learn HOW the Genos is NOT a new version of a tyros that is wrapped in black casing, a new operating system, touch screen and less buttons with some new knobs and a joystick... If it were called Tyros 6 it would still make sense to me...

After looking through the specs I cant see anything that really differentiates itself from the typical Arranger category...

After watching the Sweetwater demo video from Martin Harris about the Genos, if you closed your eyes and imagined every time he said "Genos" and swapped it with "Tyros", you could actually substitute that video for a Tyros. there is actually no difference other than the part where he mentions the knobs and "touch screen".

Montage against Motif - yes - definitely they are two completely unique devices... but Genos and Tyros.. I dont see it.

Im still probably going to by the Genos lol

Nick