Originally Posted By travlin'easy
In reality, it is rare to see ANY keyboard demonstration where singing is involved - nothing unusual. However, I have seen Yamaha demos where Martin Harris was singing, and DNJ actually commented how good his voice sounded.

Realistically, during a live performance, VH is rarely used, if at all.

WOW. I couldn't disagree more, but that's just me, of course. I've perfected a style that emulates the vocal groups I admire, and I'm pretty sure that it's a major part of the draw to my shows. I look at harmony as more important than many other aspects of a show, but again, that's just me. It's part of my brand. I'm the harmony guy. I'm the Ace, the ONE Freshman, the Mills Brother, you get the idea ...
Anyway, maybe the reason so many are less than motivated to use VH is lack of inspiration from the instrument.
I would do a show with my old Korg i5s, as long as I bring a top notch TC harmonizer, and I'll wager that NO one would think it sounded dated, or substandard.
Face it - bass sounds have been awesome for decades, and electric pianos, too ... if the drums are not up to today's standards, no one will care, because, as I've stated many times, the drums are 4th on the pecking order of tones in my rig. If my vocals are right, the rest is gravy.