In reality, it is rare to see ANY keyboard demonstration where singing is involved - nothing unusual. However, I have seen Yamaha demos where Martin Harris was singing, and DNJ actually commented how good his voice sounded.

Realistically, during a live performance, VH is rarely used, if at all. The most common effects are reverb, echo and delay, providing depth and fullness to the vocals. The vast majority of our forum members DO NOT sing at all, and of those that do, vocal harmony is used quite sparingly.

The only reason I did not do a comparison recording last night is because I had a broncho-spasm attack, which made breathing very, very difficult. I'll try to do it later today.

Though some folks on this forum may think it is fun to degrade a product they have never seen, touched, felt or heard in person, I think this is foolish and in reality, they could be held criminally liable. However, they legally, could express their opinion if it were based on an actual hands-on experience with the device itself.

That said, I have never been a big fan of onboard vocal harmonizers, and for many years I have used an add on harmonizer. I have, however, used the other features of the vocal processor, all of which are very good, IMO from actual usage on stage. Over the years, Yamaha has come a long way with it's vocal processors and I would not speculate on how the new one will sound. No one here really knows. And, as the commercials for other products always say "Individual experiences may vary."

At this stage of life, no longer being on stage, it's unlikely that I will be buying a new keyboard of any brand. I am now relegated to the ranks of being a home player, which is not nearly as much fun as being on stage, but I still enjoy sitting down at the keyboard. I still am able to sing, and I record a song or two every week, just for fun. I post some on another forum, and on rare occasions, here. If I were still on stage, I would still likely not purchase the keyboard, but that would purely be a business decision.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)