I've had the pleasure of owning and professionally playing every model of Ketron keyboard since the SD-1 Plus. I am an authorized service tech and so far over the past 15 years, have never had one issue with Ketron Products. I'm like the Maytag appliance repair man; the lonelist repairman in town. All my instruments get used on a continued basis, not all at once of course, but I use different models for different venues and styles of music.

I've had all my instruments retrofitted with Ajamsonic enhancements and feel these enhancements really make the Ketron brand a world class instrument.

My only complaint with Ketron is their lack of contact and interaction with their customers. I've been waiting for the Ketron SD-9 almost a year now. The only contact I receive with the Ketron corporation is thru AJ.

I rely on YouTube videos to audition all of the new keyboard products and never visit a retail store to purchase a new keyboard. In good conscience, I would never audition a keyboard in a retail store only to order it online. I take advantage of the rebates, backstage pass points and easy payment credit card promotions to bring the initial cost of the instrument down. Most online retailers offer a generous return policy if you find the instrument not to your liking.

Ketron could boost sales by utilizing social media to demonstrate the features of their instruments. Good in-depth YouTube videos could demo their product line and reach out to the younger generation of potential customers.

I feel that Ketron instruments are reasonably priced and affordable. I wish Ketron could better keep up with the demand for their instruments. Like I mentioned I've been waiting for almost a year to get my hands on an Ajamsonic SD-9 Plus.