My first live audience was in 1958 at a nite club in Barcelona, Spain, I was playing guitar and singing with a drummer, sax player, a bass player and another guitar player. I was scared to death, about 60 ppl in the place, and my Spanglish was very limited to say the least. The other guys thought I was great, and urged me to continue, which I did until last year.

I performed at nite clubs, bars, VFWs, animal clubs and American legions on weekends from about 1960 through 1985, then switched to the senior circuit 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Best job I ever had! I averaged 350 to 450 jobs a year, made a good living, paid off the house, bought several boats, took some great vacations with my wife, and established a small retirement account, because I knew retirement would eventually come.

The largest audience I performed for was about 1,200 drunken yacht owners in Ocean City, Maryland's Tuna Tournament. They loved the music, danced well beyond the time I was supposed to quit for the night, and invited me back for the next 8 years until the event ceased to exist under that ownership. Now, I play a couple hours a week in the office, just to maintain my sanity and dream of what once was. Bill said it all when he stated "It has been one Hell of a ride."

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)