Originally Posted By shueymusic
I still love that you can, anywhere you are, plug in your keyboard and build a song from scratch with an editable internal sequencer. It's you and your instrument. One on one.

Add a computer sequencer/DAW and the technology can get in the way. Drivers were updated... need to download. Take the hands off the keyboard to reach for the computer keyboard and mouse. I'm just more efficient on an internal sequencer.

Now... need to edit more? add FX? get your track punchy? Then you need to work in the DAW.

I'm only 43 BUT now I feel old because I have been sequencing inside the box since 1989. I am stubborn when it comes to efficiency with sequencing.

Set tempo... select first sound with no load time... hit record... play... count-in and go. Make a mistake... stop... dial wheel to the measure you can start at... rec and play and go. SO EASY!!!!

I am with Johnathan..... My go to sequencer has always been on the keyboard.. My two best...The Roland G1000 and the G70..
I was disappointed when I got the BK5..no sequencer, and the same with the EA7..

Donny did you forget how the G1000 sequencer fixed your problem SMF's, when you had no other solution..

The G1000 had an easy fix that the G70 lacks..

One 0f the major advantages on the G70 sequencer, is an easy fix removing system exclusive info in micro edit... allowing other keyboards to be able to play the file..

Very few people even try to learn the on board sequencer... they are looking for an easy out on a PC.... there is none... The on board sequencer was designed to be more efficient with work flow..