Bikes definitely can be dangerous. Fortunately, this part of the country is a bit rural and less hectic driving.

Years ago, I traded my Goldwing for a horse trailer. My daughter and I each owned a horse in S DAK where we lived at the time. My daughter showed horses and did some rodeo. I rode horse as well and was the local rodeo announcer.

I remember a woman in our horse club said to me "Aren't you glad you got out of motorcycles...dangerous sport."

My response? I told her that I own both horses and motorcycles. In 25 years of riding bikes, over thousands of miles, I've never had an accident. But with a horse, and we had two of them, you are GUARANTEED a wreck...both my daughter and I had had wrecks with horses.

Yet most of the folks I knew at the time thought horses were safer than motorcycles...wrong!

Guess I'm one of those guys that lives life to the fullest.

By the way Gary...

We live in western MN, land of 10,000 beautiful, recreational lakes. I've owned a speedboat, kayaks(we still have 5) and canoes. A few years back, my wife overturned her kayak on the river that runs behind our house...she was lucky she didn't drown....years earlier, one of my brother's friends did drown.

Live life to the fullest? That means taking chances.

Beats dying in a wheelchair in a nursing home.

rocker

Edited by guitpic1 (06/09/17 12:02 PM)