I agree with Tony. Also, take some time to schmooze with the residents and get to know them. The vast majority are very nice, intelligent individuals who have outlived their bodies. They are not living there because they want to be. They, like most people, unfortunately, can no longer take care of themselves and safely live in their homes. And, the younger people in this country, unlike most of Europe (at least when I was there) do not move their aging family members in with them when they can no longer care for themselves. That's why assisted living and retirement communities are such a huge industry in the United States.

When I was still performing, I knew the names of many of the folks I played for. I also got to know some of their family members, sat and talked with them after the performance and had a glass of soda or wine, visited them when they became ill, and even attended a few funerals. My greatest pleasures included performing at their anniversaries and in a few rare instances, weddings to other residents.

So, if you have a little time after setting up your gear, walk through the audience and talk with the residents, ask them if they have a special song they would like you to play and sing, ask them how they are doing. It's not only good business ethics, but it's also a nice thing to do.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)