Hi Jimmy
Thanks for reply.
Well, there are a few issues I am concerned about.
First is the lack of RAM Sounds present on SD7. Since Ketron claimed SD40 is a module version of SD7 – I do not understand why they did not include these great sounds in SD40. Strange, especially that on my SD40 there is a folder called RAMSounds, but it is ... empty. Hence there is a question – since I have the item from one of their first shipment – did they “forget” to include those sounds, or was it intentionally that SD40 does not offer them ?
Second – I thought I would be able to use SD40 also as the sound card to my PC. But I guess it is not possible – unless there is some way to accomplish that?
Also the factory style selection is not really to my liking. There are lots of great styles for live performers and entertainers, however I was looking for styles in such genres as smooth jazz, lounge, etc., and here SD40 does not have much to offer.
But again – this is just me, it is still great sounding machine for someone, who is looking for live performance “assistant”, perfect for parties and one-man band application, which I suppose it had been designed for.
Regards
Mike