Originally Posted By: leezone
So tonewheel
You say Robert is remastering styles
I have the Audya 5 and have that last style pack
So do the styles get remastered for the Audya 5?
Meaning tweaked. Fixed?
Remastering. To me is re-EQ. re-compress etc

Or do you mean to say the styles are getting converted for the SD7?

Little confusing I think...

OK, i'll try and explain it in a different way:

These days words and dscriptions used years ago have changed and are used in ways compatible with modern life. "Remastering" is one such word and can refer to software as well as audio and video. Here is a brief description:

"Software remastering is software development that recreates system software and applications while incorporating customizations, with the intent that it is copied and run elsewhere"

Saying that the Audio aspects will also need remastering in the sense you are thinking of.

The 'By Request' style pack is currently available for:
Audya series instruments.
It does not work on SD7, SD40 or MidJay pro so requires remastering...not simply converting. The styles cannot be simply converted without extensive work because of the difference in Audio capabilities (as previously explained)

So..Robert Messier (who created these styles for Audya) has in effect, taken the styles apart, removed some parts - added other parts in, fixed some other bits and pieces and put them back together so they will now work on the SD7, MidJay Pro and SD40

Now the 'By Request' style pack is available for 2 platforms:
1) Audya Series (as it has always been)
2) SD40, SD7, MidJay Pro

However they are not interchangeable. So if you already have them for Audya 5 - there is no need to order them again.

If your still not sure what all this means drop me a PM and i'll try and explain it.