In the past I have had offers to sell things and send to Africa etc, you know, all the BS scams. It's generally easy for me to spot them, but I am receiving text messages about a Hammond Organ I have listed on ebay classifieds that has me wondering. Here is the messages so far. What do you think? Sounds super fishy to me, but I actually wonder if this one could be legit. But, I sure am hesitating in sending my name and address at this point.

Kerri- Hello my name is kerri simpson i will like to know if the vintage professional hammond BC is still for sale, if yes, how much is it?

Me-Yes, it's still available $xxxx obo

Kerri-OK, I want it and I hope its in good condition

Me-it needs some finish work, the repairman said it needs a new switch. Other than that when would you like to come and see it.

Kerri-Okay I can send you cash for the payment with overnight fedex and after you get the money my pickup agent will come for the pickup okay

Me- best if we can talk by phone

KErry-I'm a hearing impaired person okay

Me-Where are you located? Where would you want it sent

Kerry-I live in Oklahoma so let me have your full name and home address to send you the money.

--------------------------------------------------------

I would love to sell the organ but this seems so fishy to me I hesitate to give my personal information. I've tried a few questions to try to expose what this is but the answers don't totally satisfy my need to know what this is all about.

What do you think? Forget it? Do it? What other questions could I use to smoke this guy out if it is as much of a scam as I think it is?

My best guess so far is he want's my name and address and then he will want to deposit money in my bank account ect, ect ekkkkkk!
Or he sends me counterfit money. Or they have the address and arrive and who knows what criminal act might follow. Or maybe he wants to take over my ebay account or use my info for other purposes.

Edited by Scott Langholff (07/20/16 03:17 PM)