Originally Posted By: bruno123
Like Bachus I tweak factory styles and create pads that add a great deal. I believe that styles sound the best on the keyboard they were created.
Technics, Yamaha, and Korgs do not sound the same; so most converted style falls short most of the time. I have a Kn7000 and a Pa900 – When I play a converted Technics style on the Pa900 it falls short.

John C.

PS, There are many posts about styles but few are posted about pads; they add so much to the styles.

Hi John ,
Tend to agree conversions don't sound as good as originals, but if I really miss having a particular style I put in the effort of converting it properly, not just putting it thru emc's style conversion program which can give very mixed results.
My result might not sound as good as the original, but better than no style at all for the song.
Technics are difficult for me mainly because I don't have access to a keyboard. So are my Ketron sd1 Styles . I had one favourite style an orchestral swing . So wanted that style I ended up putting together a sampled live drum set, so that it was as close to the original as I could get. Nuts! Yes, but I enjoy the challenge.

As for pads, they are great. They add to a style. Some of the ones I used to create I used to use as a replacement for a style part ielike a piano arpeggio. Great way to audition the arpeggio with different styles.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022