Hi Bill

I have been using Windows 10 since the first Insider version came out, and I don’t have any of the problems you mention apart from one, which is the automatic security updates, however as these fix security vulnerabilities in the system that have been identified or reported to Microsoft, (It only updates the Malware detector if you are not using 3rd party software) there is no problem. (It’s the way Apple has done it for years)

Why don’t I have your problems, it’s quite simple, I turn off what I don’t want to be accessed. (Windows 10 is totally customisable to your requirements) In addition if you create a local account, most of the stuff is turned off anyway. (Apple has been doing it this way for years, and you don’t hear any of their users complaining, in fact it’s exactly the opposite)

BTW, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you also have turn a lot of things off if you are worried that much about your information.

If you never owned a computer or ever went online, all your info would still be out there, as everything you do is stored in the company databases that you have dealt with. (Bills, Tax NI etc.)

Unfortunately, in this day and age, there is no such thing as privacy, (Except as an illusion) and neither has there been for at least 100 years. (It’s just easier to get at the information now)

In the end just use what you are happy with and use basic common sense.

Bill