Officially posted it this morning on Craigslist and have received several texts and one call about it...

The first guy who texted me, subsequently called me around lunch to day, is located in Northern Kentucky and spoke in a heavy spanish accent, and asked about the quality of the various sounds, and if the keys all worked. I explained the issue with the speaker output jack and he said he wouldn't be interested in the yamaha speaker system, that he had another speaker to use. We're going to meet in Troy next Saturday morning so he can test out the kb for himself. He asked if I'd knock $50 off the price, I told him no and he didn't press it...

Then I got a text from the Houston area code saying "I'm comfortable with the price & condition. I have a certified check issued to you from my bank, then I will arrange for a pick up Express Mail! after check has cleared at your bank, I'll need your name, address, city, state zip code so I can mail the check to you via UPS." To which I responded, I'm committed to the 1st person who contacted me. If that falls through, I'll consider other buyers..."

Sounds like a scam to me, hopefully he just quietly goes away...

Then a text from Kentucky saying I have $400 cash in my hand for yamaha? (I told him I already had a buyer, he then said , "ooh, ok then...)

Then a text from Cincy area "Can you take 1/2 price for keyboard?" Told him I already have a buyer,thanks anyway... He says "You ready sold?" I said next week, price is firm, too." He replied "ok, Wat the models?" I responded "All the ifo is included in the listing..."

Is there usually this much bullshit from trying to move a 14 year old kb on CL?