Me, Bill, if you consider performing in a small restaurant for a dancing crowd and an independent living community's nite club for happy hour. I just use the arranger and my vocals, a both locations, draw increasing larger crowds, and wow the audiences every time I perform. Now, instead of working the NH/AS circuit, which I've retired from,and working 7 days a week, I now only work a few jobs a month, which is what I prefer. I could work a nightly, bar/restaurant schedule, which I did when I was young, and back then I might use one midi file a night, but that's it. I do know of a couple guitar player guys that use SMF for backing, but over the years, they've kinda faded in to the past and only work one or two jobs a month at best, and usually never at the same place twice in a month. So, not all of us use SMF in order to be a good entertainer. I don't believe DonM uses any at all.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)