Originally Posted By: DonM
Thanks guys! I pretty much agree with you all. But the tweaking I did last night really helped, I think.
I brought the vocal harmonizer level up, added a little reverb to the vocal and set some more levels on some style parts, particularly the one I used for Mack the Knife! John's comments came AFTER I made these changes, so it affirms my choices.
My performance was better last night for another reason too. You have to be comfortable with what YOU are hearing. With the Space Station, the audience was pleased but I was having to make adjustments to position, adding sub, etc. Together with the work I'm having to do to adjust to the new keyboard, I feel it is too much to take on right now. I'm perfectly please with using two Bose Compacts and will continue to do so.
I will return the Space Station, unless someone wants to buy it. I got a really good deal on it.
After breakfast I will post some of last night's stuff and I would appreciate if you have time to critique it for me.
I'm more and more pleased with the SD7.
I agree with Worth that any changes to my gear is more to please me than the audience at this point, but I do enjoy the more live Ketron sound, and many of the operational features. I will post one song where I edited the bass sound in the style while I was starting the song. It's so easy to do on-the-fly stuff like that. You can even Save things while playing a style or song.
Heck guys, it's a new toy, although the most important tool of my trade as well!
Stay tuned if you are a glutton for punishment! smile

Don. ...sorry to hear the Spacestation speaker didn't work out for you, at least you gave it a shot and got it out of your system.
You know what's best for you. It's fun to test new gear out only way to tel if its right for your needs. cool2

carry on...... keys