Originally Posted By: KORG80
Hi Tony, That's what I thought! By the way "ARTIE'S THEME" is pretty cool for "HOTEL CALIFORNIA".
Thanks to you cluing me in to the VL3D desktop Digitech, I think I will save over a thousand dollars. The PA 600 with the VL3D is a great combination. I am pleased with the sound coming through my Bose. The harmony I heard from the TC Helicon is not as good. I can hear a phasey sound when harmony is engaged. Mind you I only got to check the 900's TC sound under headphones at the store. It's possible what I hear would not be as noticeable over a PA.
Do you create set lists in Songbook to organize your repertoire? I just successfully saved my first SET. Songbook may be more powerful than Yamaha's registration system. I think I may be buying a 600 soon. Planning on using it for a senior's concert on Wednesday.
Doesn't it seem weird when us seniors talk about playing for seniors. I actually can't believe I'm well into my senior years. Music and fishing are what keep me young at heart. Thanks for listening.
God Bless,
Don

Don ... For "Hotel California" I have edited an 'Unplugged' style and added some multipads and I think it sounds pretty good ... I will listen to "Arties Theme" again and perhaps do some similar editing and try it out ...

I have just started playing around with my Digitech VH Workstation EX again and I am going to A/B the EX vs. the on board TC ... the 'phasing' you hear can be pretty much eliminated by editing the harmony voices using the 'Smoothing' feature ...

I pretty much set up a different playlist for each of my NH/Assisted Living gigs ... It eliminates the need to try to think ahead about what song to play next ... each song title in the playlist is associated with a style - some edited just for that song - Sometimes the venue will tell me of a theme they are using that day and I set my playlist around that ... even if there is no 'official' theme, I usually develop a playlist around some common theme depending on the season, the weather, the month, whatever ...

I sometimes look at the audience and realize that there are people younger than I am ... I am Blessed that at almost 74 years of age, I am still on this side of the keyboard ...
Music and golf for me ... although I really am a 'hacker' grin ... (some might say at BOTH) ...