Greetings,

I seldom check the forum anymore but found this post interesting. Bill, you couldn't have said it better and to my way of thinking with:

"The great thing about it is that you can include these little 'figures' and nuances which help to make a song/tune more authentic and each of the 4 variations can be up to 16 measures long. The 'Fill-Ins', Intros and Endings, can also be up to 16 measures...."

This may come as a surprise to many but doing total work in Composer settings in each of the variations and fill-ins and recording a song using sequencer, one only has to use the APC and Control track to record. The only reason you have to even use the APC is because of the first chord of the song to be initiated. Otherwise, it wouldn't even have to be used. What really is surprising, there is NO MEMORY LOSS. Regardless of the length of the song, it will only register 99% still in the sequencer track. How strange is that! Just think how long a song could be with having not only the 4 variations in Memory A, B, C for Composer but all the Fill-Ins in the variations. Adding all these, this makes one hell of a long song or composition that you can do! These kinds of posts make it interesting for me to on occasion visit the forum.

One more comment--Mike, you are right to a point with settings. However, if using the aforementioned way of recording that I said, the changes that the Control track makes will automatically make CORRECT the settings one has used in Composer for variations and fill-ins. Mark, this means the volume controls you asked about will automatically be correct with what you have used in each variation and fill-in.

Scott Reed