Gary, this is downright eerie. My health issues over the past few weeks (started Christmas Eve) almost exactly mirror yours. I'm just starting to recover from what must have been the nastiest URI I've had in years. Hard core infection involving throat, chest, and sinus. Didn't go to doctor or hospital figuring it would cure itself a week quicker if I didn't smile. Georgia has been hit especially hard with deaths in the double digits, but as you said, I think it's nationwide.

The other similar thing is that we too are headed to Florida, but me for the RV Supershow in Tampa and then to visit some friends in Sarasota and Marco Island. I'm flying down 'cause I've winterized my Motorhome and it's too much of a hassle to undo/redo that for 1 trip. Hope you enjoy your stay in the Keys although your wife could charge you with domestic abuse if you make here do that drive. I did it last year just about this same time (Key West) but in a luxury diesel motorhome with several stops at RV Resorts AND IT'S STILL NO PICNIC. My wife won't even CONSIDER driving that beast even though she does 90% of the driving if we go anywhere by car. Should've married a female trucker, I guess. Wasn't thinking ahead.

Your advice on keeping yourself safe (germ-wise) is good and I hope everyone heeds that advice. Every health threat is magnified for those of us in our 'golden years'.

chas