I still have Biab 2012..great for adding wes Montgomery, Joe passman etc to your recording...I also have Biab 2014 (everything pak)...they revamped the interface and added some great features...

Both will convert audio to chords...great feature..2014 has Real band, real drums and it has a 76 gig library...mine is on a external hard drive..

You can take a recording from a CD, Chord wizard will detect the chords...you can use the chord progression with a style feel that you prefer....use real drums, and real instruments....you can record (play your own parts and / or add vocal backgrounds...and come up with something that is original (your touch)....Also you can market the results, you have the rights...

You will get similar results to the two Christmas songs I uploaded last week..

The total program can get pricy, but still a bargain for what you get..

What Band in a box 2014 does....nothing else can do...and you won't sound like every other PSR 950 out there, or the previous 6 models before it.. grin

If you are into learning new songs (getting chords from audio), and than doing your own thing...2014 will win you over...the quality of real drums/instruments are very good..If midi is still your fancy, you can use your favorite VST instruments..

It is not quite as fast as using an arranger to do the job, but results are better in 2014BB...Walking bass lines work far better than the standard style play on arrangers..Real drums will shame Yamaha, and Korg, and will rival Ketron and Roland..

There is a learning curve, and that will eliminate most of the folks I am talking to smile

Edited by Fran Carango (12/02/14 08:30 AM)