Hi, Ian. You seem very knowledgeable about the different keyboards, and I thank you for taking the time to help me!

I have a Yamaha Motif XF6 which I like very much. When I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago, I was convinced I'd get the Tyros 4. However, despite my wife's blessing to go ahead with (for me) a very substantial outlay of cash, I just couldn't justify spending all that money. So instead, I bought the Motif XF (which was exactly half the price of the Tyros 4) thinking that I'd one day get an arranger to go along with it.

I don't consider myself a musician. I only play a little bit, by ear. That's why I always liked the idea of an arranger keyboard, which would not require me to play arpeggios with my left hand (something that I don't know how to do). Plus, I like the idea of a full band or orchestra backing me up, without having to record up to 16 tracks myself on the Motif. Most of the time, I just want to sit and play. However, at times, I really do like the ability to choose the different arpeggios on the Motif.

If only the Motif would also have auto-accompaniment!

These are the things I would love to have:

1) the best acoustic sounds
(either keep my Motif, or get Tyros 5 if my budget will permit, or an Integra-7)

2) the best orchestral sounds
(a Kurzweil or an Integra-7, or a sound library for my Motif, like Garritan Personal Orchestra)

3) an arranger
(a Tyros 5, or the PSR-S950, or Korg PA900, or a BK-7m)

This is where I'm at in my thinking at the moment.